Monday, June 22, 2009

A Picture A Day Challenge

A great photograph is one that fully expresses what one feels, in the deepest sense, about what is being photographed. - Ansel Adams

I have been challenged to take at least one picture every day for a year. And, I've accepted the challenge. I think it's going to be fun, and cause me to stop and think outside the box. The rules are simple. All you have to do is take just one picture every day. And, post it. We can post them to Facebook so we can see each other's progress. That is the challenge. The picture can be of any subject. Doesn't matter what. No professional camera or experience needed.
Why did I accept this challenge? Simple. Photography is a passion of mine. But, that passion has been slipping lately. There have been times that I didn't want to get the camera out of the bag. Sad huh? Who would have ever thought I would feel that way??? I decided to accept this challenge because I want that passion back. I want to forget the camera's settings; stop worrying about the scene and composure. I want to remember the excitement I feel when I hear the sound of the shutter as the picture is snapped. Ahhh! Music to my ears. I want to remember the simple JOY of taking a picture and viewing my world through the lens. Not caring if it comes out a little blurry, to dark, to light, or has to much noise. I might even learn how to shoot only in AUTO again for a change. LOL. Yes, it's been awhile. And, I'm going to challenge myself to think outside the box on what I photograph.
I would love for everyone to join me in this challenge. This is also a great project to get your kids involved with. I love giving my kids a camera. I get to see the world through their eyes when I look at their pictures. They often see things that I would miss. So, join me and let's have some fun with this!
Now, on to part 2. And, just when you thought you were getting off easy. LOL. For all of my scrapbooking friends, and others who would like to join us, I'm adding an additional part to the challenge. Get those tools ready. I'm challenging us to create a scrapbook dedicated to this challenge. The only pictures allowed in it are the photo a day pictures. Keep it simple. Tell the story behind the photograph. Why did you choose that subject? What were you feeling when you took it? You get the idea.
So, to all my photography and scrapbooking friends, specifically: Sara, Sonya, Whitney, Missi, Michelle, Cici, Tamara, Krystal, Melissa, Jane, and Tonya, I'm asking you all to join me in this challenge. It should be a lot of fun! Anyone else that wants to do this with us is more than welcome. You can follow me with this challenge by viewing my album Fritts 365 on Facebook. I'll have it ready when I post the first picture. Let me know if you are going to be joining me. The official start date will be July 1st.
Now, get those camera's ready and start SHOOTING!