Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Just As I Am.....

Who am I?

I am a Christian. I am a wife. I am a mother. I am a sister. I am a daughter. I am an aunt. I am a friend. I am a photographer. These are just a few of the "I am's" about me. Hmmmmmm……. But, is that really JUST all I am. No! It's not. Lately, I have come to realize that those are only a few of the titles I wear. The greatest Hymnal of all time, Amazing Grace, says, "I once was lost; now I'm found…" That has been me. I have been lost in my titles. Now, I AM found. Sure, I am Jason's wife; Abbey and Morgan's mom; Julie's sister; my parents daughter; a friend to my friends and an aunt to my nieces and nephew, and much more. Knowing those things, does it REALLY tell you who I am?

Do you know that I love to laugh? It's my most favorite thing to do. Laughter is truly the best medicine. "Laugh and the whole world laughs with you." Have you ever tried to laugh while you're angry, mad, upset, frustrated, etc… Try it! You CAN'T. It's impossible to laugh and still feel those "bad" emotions. I AM a person who can find humor in almost any given situation. If not, I will try to search for it. I love to tell jokes, even if I screw up the punch line most of the time. I love to laugh; and, I love to make others laugh! There isn’t a more beautiful sound as that of laughter. Laughing has a way of making you feel better about yourself and life. Basically, I AM a goofball. I like to have fun and laugh while doing it.

Do you know that I am actually fairly intelligent? If not, don't feel bad. I didn't either. LOL. What makes me intelligent? It's not the knowledge I have that makes me intelligent. It's the stuff I don't know and my willingness to learn about it. If I don't know the answer, I'm not afraid to ask. I am smart enough to know what I know and I have the wisdom to know the difference. I just love learning. Simple as that. Therefore, I AM a student of life.

Do you know that I am fiercely competitive, almost to a fault? I've never allowed failure to be an option for me. However, I often, fail anyway. I realize now that failure and mistakes are both part of life's great lessons.

Do you know that I have a rebellious spirit? Ask my parents and my husband. They can testify to that one. (LMAO. My husband read this as I typed it. His reaction was, "HELL YEAH you are!") I wish I could argue differently and say he is wrong. But, I can't.

Do you know that I am an adrenaline junkie? I like to take risks in life. I do have limitations now. However, even with those limitations, I will still live on the edge as much as I can. Otherwise, life would be boring.

Do you know that I am a perfectionist? My family lovingly tells me I'm OCD. LOL. They're probably close to right. I am my own worse critic. I expect nothing less than perfection. That has been a great quality to have in life. Its also been a hindrance as well. I expect too much from myself. If I see that I can't do something perfectly, I, too often, will choose not to do it at all.

Do you know that I am in love with love? I love being in love. I love showing others love. I love that I have more than one love IN my life. To love with your heart and be loved is to be richly blessed.

Do you know I'm not perfect? Although there are a few in my life that think I am. Or, maybe, they think I'm perfect JUST AS I AM. I struggle each day with seeing what they see in me. Maybe, someday, I will.

Here's a few more just for fun do you knows about me. I drive to fast. I talk to much. I should've been a gypsy with my love of travel. I sing to loud and off key most of the time. I care to deeply at times. I cry at sad movies sometimes too. I am very passionate. I can argue until the cows come home. I am deeply spiritual. I am fairly social and shy all at the same time. And the list goes on and on with both the good qualities and the bad.

These are just a few things about who I am. I'll add more later. Now that you know a little more about me, I want to know more about each of you and not just the titles you wear.