Thursday, June 18, 2009

A Blog Is Born....

When I looked into starting a blog, I did so with the intent of creating a blog to update everyone on our experiences with homeschooling Morgan. The more thought I put into it, the more stressed I became, specifically, the title and the description. As hard as I tried, nothing was coming to me. My next thought was to create a title about photography. What a perfect title for a blog written by me, right?! Yet, another road block. I skipped ahead and focused on topics I might want to blog about. Each topic was centered around things I am passionate about. Then, a very close and dear friend of mine asked me if I considered myself to be a woman of faith. My answer, of course, was yes. Easy answer, right? At that time, I thought it was a very simple question with an obvious answer. That question stuck with me. Am I a woman of faith? If so, faith in what? We use the word faith, usually in reference to our faith in God. My answer is YES. I do have faith in Him! But, what else do I have faith in? With that one simple question, this blog was born. I want to write about my passions, things closest to my heart, my thoughts, my life; and, what I DO have faith in, as well as what I struggle with. Once the direction was clear, all I lacked was the title. One of my favorite Contemporary Christian songs today is "And, Now My Lifesong Sings," by Casting Crowns. If you haven't heard it already, LISTEN to it. After much thought, I decided that song would be the perfect title for MY blog. The words in this blog are just that, My Lifesongs. Music is and always has been a passion of mine. More so, the lyrics and what the writer is saying. Every song written has a meaning behind it. My hope is that this blog will be the lyrics of my life song. I invite you to follow along and let my life songs sing to you…

**My daughter, Morgan, has a bracelet that reads, "Take it in - Live it out." That's how a life song is written; by taking life in - and living it out.